#love #selfie #followme #fashion is currently one of the most popular hashtags that Instagram users use to tag their photos. Hashtags – the symbol “#” – are designed to describe what is in the photos, so that other users can easily find the photos they are interested in. Below you will find some tips on how to get more followers on Instagram, including using hashtags.
3 things Instagram likes the most
Almost every popular social networking site has specific functions and is targeted at specific audiences. Instagram focuses on the visual message and informal topics that reveal some secrets of private life.
The question is, where is the place for brand promotion here? Well, Instagram is a portal where a company can emphasize its individuality and distinguish its style from the competition. Here are some of the most important things to consider when building brand awareness on Instagram:
- Uploading photos from the backstage, i.e. showing what is not visible in the official materials promoting the brand, e.g. photos from the production process of products that we sell or a business trip to look for materials for a new collection, etc. Such photos are often more interesting and much more credible than the “muted” photos prepared by the photographer on our official website.
- Keeping track of the most popular “categories” on Instagram, which is what we call #hasztags, eg #beautiful #friends #food #style. On top-hashtags.com you will find an updated list of the most popular.
Here is the list of TOP10 tags (2021):
- Search and follow the people or brands that are most popular on Instagram. It is worth observing their actions and creatively translating them into promotional activities of our brand.
Here is the current list of the most popular brands on Instagram and below we present the data from December 2019 in graphic form.
What else should you pay attention to?
- It is worth paying more attention to the way of tagging photos, because not only is it important to use the most popular hashtags, but also to include as much information as possible in them. A good method is to tag photos with words that are associated with the brand, e.g. #hipsterfashion #menfashion #menstyle #menswear #instafashion. Next, let’s describe the product category, e.g. #menshoes #shoes #leathershoes and where they are available or where the photo was taken: #Warsaw #warsawhipster #warsawfashion #warsawbloggers. Don’t worry about too many hashtags. In this case, minimalism is not recommended.
- Besides, be an active user. Adding more photos and counting new followers is not a very cunning strategy. Instagram is governed by the laws of social networking sites, so the most important thing here is the interaction between users. Users visit Instagram several times a day to check for new notifications. Your task is to make them have as many of these notifications as possible. Possible interactions: following the user, liking the photo and commenting on the photo.
An informal test on the brand X profile showed what reaction our actions provoke:
- User tracking: 14% of people responded by tracking this profile.
- Follow + Like: 22% of people responded by following this profile.
- Follow + like + comment under the photo: 34% of people responded by following this profile.
So, as you can see, the more you get involved, the greater the chance of interaction from the other side.
In order to gain as many followers as possible on Instagram, we can test various strategies and observe the effect of our efforts, but remember that it is a work on a “living organism”, so we can never be sure if our concept will work. However, it is worth trying, because as recent research shows, 44% of traffic on e-commerce websites comes from social media.